Subject: 26.2; find-dired octal escapes instead of Cyrillic text

From: Nikita <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 08:43:06 +0500

When i open dired, go to the needed directory, run "M-x dired-find"
"-name "*Портрет*" (or anything at all that will give some results)
results come back with octal escapes instead of Cyrillic letters.
I cannot open pictures that it finds for example.

----

In GNU Emacs 26.2 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
of 2019-04-13 built on lgw01-amd64-060
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
user-error: No further undo information [2 times]
Quit
Mark saved where search started
Making completion list...
find-dired *Find* finished.
Making completion list... [3 times]
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
user-error: End of history; no default available
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item

Configured using:
'configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
'--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
'--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
--disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
'--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode
--disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
--program-suffix=26 --with-modules --with-file-notification=inotify
--with-mailutils --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets
--with-lcms2 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
-fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs26-CYbeHB/emacs26-26.2~1.gitfd1b34b=.
-fstack-protector-strong
-Wformat -Werror=format-security -no-pie' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro
-no-pie''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: ru_RU.UTF-8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: ru_RU.UTF-8
value of $LANG: ru_RU
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
pdf-occur-dired-minor-mode: t
pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
engine-mode: t
which-key-mode: t
xah-fly-keys: t
recentf-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
global-visual-line-mode: t
visual-line-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.2/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.2/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.2/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils shell find-dired
misearch multi-isearch dired-aux elec-pair ob-R ob-python pdf-occur
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu
pdf-tools compile cus-edit cus-start cus-load pdf-view bookmark pp
jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util image-mode engine-mode
which-key org-clock org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec advice find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs pandoc-mode cl-extra pandoc-mode-utils hydra ring lv cl
markdown-toc dash s markdown-mode-table markdown-mode color thingatpt
noutline outline easy-mmode edit-indirect xah-fly-keys ido finder-inf
info package epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv quail help-mode dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs edmacro kmacro recentf tree-widget wid-edit cl-loaddefs
cl-lib easymenu server time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 393368 12549)
(symbols 48 41286 2)
(miscs 40 873 266)
(strings 32 122175 2569)
(string-bytes 1 3374293)
(vectors 16 44321)
(vector-slots 8 833717 14994)
(floats 8 436 68)
(intervals 56 2681 0)
(buffers 992 21))