Subject: bug#36074: Incorrect quoting of GUIX_LOCPATH environment variable in guix-daemon.service

From: David Loyall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 23:42:19 -0500

Andréas,

I'm not sure if you and I are having the same issue, but I found your
message after searching the web for information about the issue I was
facing.

I think this thread, which contains some links, provides a good
summary of the information available on the web for my issue:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2019-06/msg00030.html

That said, the solution I found was this:

> I think the fix for this would be to clarify which package should be installed in **root's profile** when installing on a systemd foreign distro."

(Emphasis mine.  The quote is from Jack Hill in
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2019-06/msg00024.html)

So, I did `sudo guix package -i glibc-utf8-locales` (I previously did
the same without sudo--no change.)

...Before that, I'd done the other things recommended in the
aforementioned summary post.

Please note that I'm only copying and pasting magical invocations; I
don't understand locales nor guix.  I hope this message is helpful.

Cheers,
--sebboh