Subject: [bug#36071] [PATCH] gnu: Add leela-zero.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 17:24:48 +0200

Hi,

Guillaume LE VAILLANT <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/games.scm (leela-zero): New variable.
> * gnu/packages/patches/leela-zero-gtest.patch: New file.
> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Add it.

[...]

> +                 (replace 'check
> +                   (lambda _
> +                     (zero? (system* "./tests")))))))

Please use ‘invoke’ instead of (zero? (system* …)).

> +    "Leela-zero is a Go engine with no human-provided knowledge, modeled
> +after the AlphaGo Zero paper.  The current best network weights file for
> +the engine can be downloaded from https://zero.sjeng.org/best-network.")
                                     ^~~~
Please use @url for URLs.

Does the game run at all if we don’t download additional network weight
data?

There’s a debate as to whether trained neural network parameters can be
considered “source”: <https://lwn.net/Articles/760142/>.

Thanks,
Ludo’.