Subject: [bug#36071] [PATCH] gnu: Add leela-zero.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 22:47:22 +0200

Hi Guillaume,

Guillaume LE VAILLANT <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>
>> Does the game run at all if we don’t download additional network
>> weight data?
>> 
>> There’s a debate as to whether trained neural network parameters can
>> be considered “source”: <https://lwn.net/Articles/760142/>.
>
> The game needs neural network weights to run. The user must download
> a file with the weights (usually from
> <https://zero.sjeng.org/best-network>, which is updated daily I think)
> and put it in '$HOME/.local/share/leela-zero/'.
>
> Do you think some weigths (e.g. taken from
> <https://leela.online-go.com/networks>, for reproducibility) should be
> embedded in the package?

My point is about whether these trained neural network data are
something that we could distribute per the FSDG.

The LWN article above mentions ‘leela-zero’.  In Debian (which has a
different policy), ‘leela-zero’ has apparently been accepted, but
without the data, and with a link to said data (as in your original
patch):

  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=903634

Perhaps we could do the same, but I’d like to hear what others think.

Thank you,
Ludo’.