Subject: bug#36069: closed ("cirrus" added to VM initrd modules)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 20:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#36069: Menu-based installer unusable through noVNC

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36069: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36069
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: "cirrus" added to VM initrd modules
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 20:22:53 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I pushed a version of Ludo's suggestion earlier today.  And yes, cirrus is what we want here.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent on the go.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.

Subject: Menu-based installer unusable through noVNC
From: Robert Vollmert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 11:35:17 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I’m in the process of setting up a Guix VPS with arpnetworks.com.

There seems to be some conflict between the “graphical” installer’s idea
of the console size and VNC’s (which appears to be noVNC
https://novnc.com/info.html). As you can see in the attached screenshot,
the screen is cropped on all sides, particularly making the menu choices
unviewable.

Not sure if relevant, but the console goes through a successful mode switch
earlier in the booting process, where the VNC display size changes. Seems
like that should happen again when the menus start, but it doesn’t.

I’ve run other installers through noVNC successfully so there’s a good
chance this is a Guix issue, can’t say for sure though.