Subject: Re: bug#36069: Menu-based installer unusable through noVNC

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 00:24:20 +0200

Reopened.

On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 11:35:17 +0200
Robert Vollmert <[email-masked]> wrote:

> There seems to be some conflict between the “graphical” installer’s
> idea of the console size and VNC’s (which appears to be noVNC
> https://novnc.com/info.html). As you can see in the attached
> screenshot, the screen is cropped on all sides, particularly making
> the menu choices unviewable.

Today I installed Guix on a Server which uses Guacamole as a web-based
VNC-client according to the HTML code, see 
https://guacamole.apache.org/

I also had the problem that the screen of the installer was too small,
I'm attaching two screenshots: Of the normal GRUB startup and the
unreadable installer. 

I solved it by hitting CTRL-ALT-F3 through the soft-keyboard and
installing it manually: In this console, everything looked fine.

Björn