Subject: bug#36067: 27.0.50; Edebug leaves undefined RET in minibuffer

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 08:02:33 +0200

I had written:

> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (defvar a 0)
>
> (unwind-protect
>     (progn (setq a 27)
>            (message "%d" (+ a 19)))
>   (setq a 0))
> #+end_src
>
> When you edebug the `unwind-protect' form and hit q (quit) when the
> `message' call has been reached, your session will remain with a binding
> of 27 for a - which is normally impossible and should never happen.

Although - I apologize - this is not what is happening: Edebug always
stops at the unwind forms.

I guess what I always do is thinking: "I said quit, why does it stop
again?" and quit again - which then explicitly skips the execution of
any unwind forms - bad for me.

So: should quitting maybe also set the mode to something like Go-nonstop
before calling `top-level' - would that behave better?

Michael.