Subject: Re: bug#36067: 27.0.50; Edebug leaves undefined RET in minibuffer

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 06:14:09 -0400

tags 36067 + unreproducible
quit

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> sorry, no recipe.  Quite often when I have used edebug, I think often I
> killed the session by going to top-level (q), normal RET in the
> minibuffer doesn't work any more.  Hitting the key RET does nothing.  I
> have to restart Emacs (I need to close it with the mouse or something
> like that).

Do you mean that you're stuck in the minibuffer too?  Or just that the
minibuffer becomes non-functional, while other normal typing still
works.

> I have no clue why this happens.  Dunno if it is my fault.  Anyone else
> seeing this?

Don't think I've ever seen that before.  I know the 'transient' package
(which magit now uses for its popup UI), can have a bad interaction with
edebug when trying to debug its code.  I think it's due to how it messes
with transient keymaps in post/pre comman hooks.  Maybe you have
something similar happen here?