Subject: [bug#36064] [PATCH] sawfish.scm - update sawfish to 1.12

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 18:30:35 +0530

Thanks for contributing to Guix!

Please split this into three separate patches -- one each for librep,
rep-gtk and sawfish. For the commit messages, please use the
conventional Guix update commit message. If you use Emacs, this can be
done easily using the update yasnippet in etc/snippets of the Guix
source tree.

> -    (home-page "http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Librep")
> +    (home-page "https://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Librep")

Shouldn't https://sawfish.tuxfamily.org/ be the home-page for all three
packages? Why are we listing the wiki as the home-page?

>  (define-public rep-gtk
>    (package
>      (name "rep-gtk")
> -    (version "0.90.8.2")
> +    (version "0.90.8.2") ; next point release hasn't been distributed; requires autoconf etc.

We don't usually package beta releases. So, there is no need to mention
this as a comment. But, the current release is 0.90.8.3. Please update
to that.

>  (define-public sawfish
>    (package
>      (name "sawfish")
> -    (version "1.11")
> +    (version "1.12.0") ; point release 1.12.90 hasn't been distributed; requires autoconf etc.

We don't usually package beta releases. So, there is no need to mention
this as a comment.

> -    (home-page "http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page")
> +    (home-page "https://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page")

See above for comment on home-page.