Subject: Error when byte compiling

From: "LaFreniere\, Joseph" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 16:46:18 -0500

I am attempting to package Hyperbole for GNU Guix using its 
provided emacs-build-system.  As part of the default packaging 
steps, Hyperbole's Emacs Lisp code is byte compiled.  This step is 
failing for me with the following error:

> Compiling 
> /gnu/store/334qz3xsnfx2alz4gii2s6vgw4762ixa-emacs-hyperbole-7.0.3/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix.d/hyperbole-7.0.3/hact.el...
>
> In end of data:
> hact.el:377:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to 
> be defined:
>     hypb:indirect-function, hypb:emacs-byte-code-p, hattr:get, 
>     hbut:is-p
> Compiling 
> /gnu/store/334qz3xsnfx2alz4gii2s6vgw4762ixa-emacs-hyperbole-7.0.3/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix.d/hyperbole-7.0.3/hactypes.el...
> Symbol’s function definition is void: hyperbole-toggle-messaging

I can see where hyperbole-toggle-message is defined and marked for 
autoloading in hyperbole.el.  My best guess is that the problem is 
caused by the order in which the files are being byte compiled, 
but I would appreciate analysis from someone who is familiar with 
Hyperbole's source.

--
Joseph LaFreniere