Subject: bug#36056: Regression?

From: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2019 14:26:07 -0700

Hi. I was seeing unexpected filling behavior, and a bisection pointed to
this commit. I don't know if this is a "regression", but I'd like to get
the old behavior back. Let's say I had a python buffer with this:

r'''aaa

this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test

'''

And let's say the point is at the end of the long line. Prior to the fix
to this bug if I hit M-q I'd get this:

r'''aaa

this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a
test this is a test

'''

This is what I'd expect. After the fix (i.e. if
fill-indent-according-to-mode is t) I get this:

r'''aaa

this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a
 test this is a test

'''

For some reason it now wants to add one space at the beginning of every
line in a paragraph except the first. Is there some interpretation where
this the "correct" behavior? I can simply (setq
fill-indent-according-to-mode nil) in my local setup, but there could be
something actually incorrect here.

Thanks