Subject: [bug#36043] [PATCH] Add Geany

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 22:29:03 +0200

Hello,

Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I actually packaged scintilla
> The scintilla package is not producing a shared library
> (libscintilla.so). That is why you were not able to link it to geany. It
> took a bit of substitute* surgery of the makefiles, but I managed to get
> this working. Please see my attached patches.

Thank you for keeping the ball rolling!

> Ideally, we should get scintilla and geany upstreams to support
> unbundling. Could you raise these issues upstream?

I have bad news: see 

    https://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/feature-requests/555/

It may not be worth to unbundle Scintilla, then.

Guix has no proper way to use inputs' static libraries in a package?

> The scintilla license is the ISC license. See
> https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:ISC

This doesn't look right. See https://www.scintilla.org/License.txt
This is not ISC.

> The headers should be installed in /include, not in
> /include/scintilla. The libraries should be installed in /lib, not in
> /lib/scintilla.

Hmm I think I made the same mistake in nauty… because I saw another
packages doing it too. So there are at least 2 other packages in the
code base doing the same.

> The changes specified in the comments above are also included in the
> attached patches. Please feel free to refine my patches as required.

Since then, Scintilla team released 4.1.7.

WDYT?

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou