Subject: Re: bug#36037: Setting Koutliner view spec to <|benl1> and then back to <|ben> does not restore outline view

From: Robert Weiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 08:21:58 -0400

Looks like a bug in the Koutliner, in that any clipped cells are not
expanded.  Use {C-c C-a} to show the whole outline for now and we will look
at resolving it.

Note that the pipe character (|) is only used in klinks and not when
interactively prompted for a viewspec with {C-c C-v}, though it doesn't
hurt anything to type it there.  At most, you only ever use one pipe
character.  Maybe instead of <|ben|1> you mean <|benc1> which clips the
outline to 1 line per cell?

Bob

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 4:01 AM Bodertz <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The manual "(hyperbole)Links" says this:
>
> "[...] The form, '<@ 2b=06 |ben>' additionally sets the view spec of the
> current outline back to the default value, with a blank line between
> each cell and the whole outline visible."
>
> However, setting a view spec to <|ben> after setting it to <|benl1> does
> not make the whole outline visible. Is this an issue with the
> documentation, a bug in Koutliner, or am I just misunderstanding
> something?
>
>