Subject: [bug#36023] [PATCH] linux-boot: Fix e2fsck warning.

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 18:53:41 +0200

Hi Jonathan,

On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 18:17:14 +0200
Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 5/31/19 1:27 PM, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> > +       (setenv "EXT2FS_NO_MTAB_OK" "1")
> > +  
> [...]
> > +       (setenv "EXT2FS_NO_MTAB_OK" #f)
> > +  
> 
> Maybe it would be nice to have them constintly using either "0" and "1"
> or #t and #f :)

Well, the UNIX environment interface and/or Guile's interface to it doesn't
work that way.  The UNIX environment is a string array.

e2fsck uses if(getenv("EXT2FS_NO_MTAB_OK")) to read the value of the entry
with the key "EXT2FS_NO_MTAB_OK".

So we can set the environment entry to any value we want and e2fsck's "if"
condition will evaluate to true.

And in order to remove it from the environment again, we call setenv with
#f.

We could also call unsetenv instead, I guess.  Should we?