Subject: problems displaying tibetan characters

From: Mayer Goldberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 12:02:43 +0300

Hello:

I think there is a problem in how Tibetan characters are displayed:

The character sequence

\u0f68\u0f7c\u0f7e\u0fc6\u0020\u0020\u0020\u0020\u0f40\u0fc6\u0020\u0020\u0020\u0020\u0f42\u0fc6

Should display as

But instead displays as

The issue has to do with the character

\u0fc6 = "TIBETAN SYMBOL PADMA GDAN"

which should appear under the previous character, and appears on the right.

I'm using the same font in both the example that works (in Libre Office)
and the one that doesn't (in emacs).

The font I'm using is Tibetan Machine Unicode, available freely at:

http://www.pktc.org/pktc/SFTtypefacesfree.htm

Can someone please look at this?

Thanks,

Mayer Goldberg

Configured using:
 'configure 'LDFLAGS= -ldl -lm -ldl -lm''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBSELINUX
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK2 X11 THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-pretty-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/emacs/emacs-fsharp-mode-master/fsharp-mode-completion hides
/home/gmayer/.emacs.d/elpa/fsharp-mode-20190304.1317/fsharp-mode-completion
~/emacs/emacs-fsharp-mode-master/fsharp-mode-indent-smie hides
/home/gmayer/.emacs.d/elpa/fsharp-mode-20190304.1317/fsharp-mode-indent-smie
~/emacs/emacs-fsharp-mode-master/fsharp-doc hides
/home/gmayer/.emacs.d/elpa/fsharp-mode-20190304.1317/fsharp-doc
~/emacs/emacs-fsharp-mode-master/fsharp-mode hides
/home/gmayer/.emacs.d/elpa/fsharp-mode-20190304.1317/fsharp-mode
~/emacs/emacs-fsharp-mode-master/fsharp-mode-indent hides
/home/gmayer/.emacs.d/elpa/fsharp-mode-20190304.1317/fsharp-mode-indent
~/emacs/emacs-fsharp-mode-master/fsharp-mode-font hides
/home/gmayer/.emacs.d/elpa/fsharp-mode-20190304.1317/fsharp-mode-font
~/emacs/emacs-fsharp-mode-master/fsharp-mode-util hides
/home/gmayer/.emacs.d/elpa/fsharp-mode-20190304.1317/fsharp-mode-util
~/emacs/emacs-fsharp-mode-master/flycheck-fsharp hides
/home/gmayer/.emacs.d/elpa/fsharp-mode-20190304.1317/flycheck-fsharp
~/emacs/emacs-fsharp-mode-master/fsharp-mode-pkg hides
/home/gmayer/.emacs.d/elpa/fsharp-mode-20190304.1317/fsharp-mode-pkg
~/emacs/emacs-fsharp-mode-master/inf-fsharp-mode hides
/home/gmayer/.emacs.d/elpa/fsharp-mode-20190304.1317/inf-fsharp-mode
~/emacs/markdown-mode hides
/home/gmayer/.emacs.d/elpa/markdown-mode-20190305.319/markdown-mode
~/emacs/sqlite hides /home/gmayer/.emacs.d/elpa/sqlite-20180708.1711/sqlite
~/emacs/prolog hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/progmodes/prolog
~/emacs/my-input-methods/greek hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/language/greek
~/emacs/my-input-methods/hebrew hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/language/hebrew
~/emacs/my-input-methods/tibetan hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/language/tibetan

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
face-remap elec-pair vc-git diff-mode brain brain-basic-lisp-functions
proof-site proof-autoloads pg-vars prolog align info htmlize fsharp-mode
fsharp-mode-indent-smie smie compile inf-fsharp-mode fsharp-doc
flycheck-fsharp flycheck cl-extra fsharp-mode-completion
fsharp-mode-util etags xref project company pcase dash subr-x s tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell parse-time
ox-beamer ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree
generator org advice org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys
ob-comint comint ansi-color ring org-loaddefs format-spec find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ob-exp ob-core org-compat ob-eval
org-macs org-install cobol-mode skeleton pretty-mode easy-mmode cl aes
time-stamp quail help-mode 2048-game nasm-mode derived imenu edmacro
kmacro rust-mode rx json map finder-inf package easymenu epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 408555 17260)
 (symbols 48 35841 2)
 (miscs 40 406 141)
 (strings 32 93257 2037)
 (string-bytes 1 2759857)
 (vectors 16 58872)
 (vector-slots 8 944939 18342)
 (floats 8 145 280)
 (intervals 56 348 0)
 (buffers 992 14))