Subject: Re: bug#3602: 23.0.94; window-line-height problems

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 09:14:43 +0100

>> That seems to say that if you have a header line, then you can get its
 >> height in pixels this way (window-line-height 'header-line), and
 >> similarly for mode-line. But that doesn't seem to work.
 >
 > (window-line-height 'mode-line)
 > => nil
 >
 > So I can confirm this bug.

The doc-string of `window-line-height' says ...

      Return nil if window display is not up-to-date.  In that case, use
     `pos-visible-in-window-p' to obtain the information.

... and the Elisp manual says ...

      If the display is not up to date, `window-line-height' returns
      `nil'.  In that case, `pos-visible-in-window-p' may be used to
      obtain related information.

... so I wonder how you can "confirm this bug" ;-)

martin