Subject: bug#36014: [PATCH] Attempt to use console-fonts not provided by kbd if they are installed

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 22:49:41 +0200

Hi John,

John Soo <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I looked hard at a nicer way to provide a flag to start kbd pointing to a
> directory or file. There is a flag to point to a file for a font which
> could be nice. However setfont also prioritizes the current directory over
> the kbd directory. The following patch attempts to chdir to a directory
> where more console fonts may be installed.

What about doing something like this in your config

  (console-font-service "tty1"
                        (file-append some-font-package
                                     "/share/consolefonts/whatever"))

?

Does it work for you?

This approach has the advantage that the service doesn’t need to be
changed, and it doesn’t need to change the current directory of PID 1
either.

Thanks,
Ludo’.