Subject: 26.2; compile-mode.el/compilation-mode spontaneous behaviour

From: Evgeniy Dushistov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 12:49:36 +0300

Hi,

compile-mode.el (compilation-mode) works in really spontaneous way.

I run compilation via:

(defun rust-compile ()
  "Compile using `cargo build`"
  (interactive)
  (compile "cargo build"))
 
Sometimes errors are highlighted, sometimes aren't.
For example I run compilation, and the first error is not highlighted:

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/156697/58186628-f013bf80-7cbd-11e9-956b-741e64fabbe6.png

Then I switch buffer '*compilation*' and run M-x compilation-mode,
and error is highlighted in the right way:

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/156697/58186629-f013bf80-7cbd-11e9-88c4-7a1fc90b08d8.png

Also jump to the error via C-x ` sometimes doesn't work (emacs insitead of jump to code,
asks where find source file), but after I would switch to '*compilation*' and
run M-x compilation-mode, C-x ` works again. 

These are spontaneous errors, I have ~10 good cases,
when all works fine vs 1 bad case, when rending or jump to source location works
only for subset of errors/warnings.

In GNU Emacs 26.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.8)
 of 2019-04-12 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Undo!
Mark set
Saving file /home/evgeniy/bigdisk1/projects/rust-infra/swig/macroslib/src/lib.rs...
Formatted buffer with rustfmt.
Wrote /home/evgeniy/bigdisk1/projects/rust-infra/swig/macroslib/src/lib.rs
Cargo-Process exited abnormally with code 101
Quit [3 times]
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 -fno-plt' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ru_RU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Rust

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  lsp-ui-mode: t
  lsp-ui-doc-mode: t
  lsp-ui-sideline-mode: t
  column-enforce-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  lsp--managed-mode: t
  lsp-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/evgeniy/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20180709.1426/cmake-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rect pulse dabbrev company-lsp
misearch multi-isearch vc-git diff-mode company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-bbdb lsp-ui lsp-ui-doc goto-addr
lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline lsp-clients lsp-elm lsp-dart
lsp-clojure lsp-go lsp-xml lsp-css lsp-intelephense lsp-vetur lsp-html
lsp-solargraph lsp-rust lsp-pyls column-enforce-mode elec-pair paren
cus-start cus-load company-rtags company-template rtags repeat tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete
parse-time format-spec advice asm-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs bookmark
company edmacro kmacro ra-emacs-lsp derived lsp cargo cargo-process
lsp-mode ewoc markdown-mode color noutline outline tree-widget wid-edit
xref url-util spinner pcase network-stream puny nsm rmc starttls tls
gnutls inline imenu filenotify f s em-glob esh-util dash-functional
flymake-proc flymake compile comint ansi-color ring warnings thingatpt
project rust-mode json map req-package view req-package-cycles
req-package-args req-package-hooks ht log4e rx dash el-get
el-get-autoloading el-get-list-packages el-get-dependencies el-get-build
el-get-status pp el-get-methods el-get-fossil el-get-svn el-get-pacman
el-get-github-zip el-get-github-tar el-get-http-zip el-get-http-tar
el-get-hg el-get-go el-get-git-svn el-get-fink el-get-emacswiki
el-get-http el-get-notify el-get-emacsmirror el-get-github el-get-git
el-get-elpa el-get-darcs el-get-cvs el-get-bzr el-get-brew
el-get-builtin el-get-apt-get el-get-recipes el-get-byte-compile subr-x
el-get-custom cl-extra help-mode el-get-core autoload radix-tree
lisp-mnt dired dired-loaddefs use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core cl finder-inf info package easymenu
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util cyril-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 491650 111898)
 (symbols 48 40933 1)
 (miscs 40 1396 3515)
 (strings 32 117161 17565)
 (string-bytes 1 3238003)
 (vectors 16 64057)
 (vector-slots 8 1158194 111302)
 (floats 8 309 1019)
 (intervals 56 9184 4079)
 (buffers 992 26))

-- 
/Evgeniy