Subject: Windows port redirection bug

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 15:53:06 +0100

Hi,

The bug is reproducible with this command: SED 'S/"//G' TESTE.TXT > OUT.TXT

It should remove double quotes and save the result in the out.txt  
file. With a Bash shell it works as expected, but under Windows 10's  
command line it prints the resulting output and issues this error:
 
SED: CAN'T READ >: NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY
SED: CAN'T READ OUT.TXT: NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY

Escaping the double quote doesn't change the result, but if I use  
another character instead, like SED 'S/X//G' TESTE.TXT > OUT.TXT it  
works.

Sed is version 4.5 on both cases.
  sed (GNU sed) 4.5
Copyright (C) 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later  
<https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Written by Jay Fenlason, Tom Lord, Ken Pizzini,
and Paolo Bonzini.
GNU sed home page: <https://www.gnu.org/software/sed/>.
General help using GNU software: <https://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>.
E-mail bug reports to: <[email-masked]>.

Thanks!

Nuno