Subject: Re: [bug#35970] [PATCH] gnu: Add qview.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2019 22:52:54 +0200

Hello,

Thank you for the review.

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> * gnu/packages/image-viewers.scm (qview): New variable.
>
> [...]
>
>> +    (synopsis "Practical and minimal image viewer")
>                   ^~~~~~~~~
>
> Did you mean “convenient”?  :-)
> (It surely is practical too, but the same could be said of all the image
> viewers we have.)

OK. Bikeshedding time :)

I used the words from the developers themselves
<https://github.com/jurplel/qView>, so I didn't mean anything in
particular. 

However, AFAIU, there is a difference between practical and convenient:
the latter suggests some ease of use that the former doesn't. For
example, the `find' utility is practical, but not what I would call
convenient.

Now, I don't have a strong opinion about it. I just wanted to be
faithful to the developers' words.

Bikeshedding time's over.

So, "Practical" or "convenient", or something different, like:

  "Fully-featured yet unobtrusive image viewer"

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou