Subject: bug#3597: [Orgmode] 23.0.94; [PATCH] org-store-link broken within kbd macros

From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:18:04 +0200

Samuel Wales <[email-masked]> writes:

> On each of my many emacs-w3m tabs, I can remember manually with f8 f8
> n (my binding for org-remember and my ?n template which I sent).  It
> grabs the title and URL perfectly.  I can also do m-right, which is my
> binding for next tab.
>
> To use the macro, I do c-x ( f8 f8 n m-right c-x ) .  To execute it I
> do c-x e.  It does not get executed on any tabs.

My other guess would be that the macro execution is too fast for the
display engine.  Maybe the trick is to insert a command in your macro
sequence that makes sure the tab is displayed correctly before you try
to remember it.  

C-x ( f8 f8 n M-> M-< c-x )
              ^^^^^^^ <- this goes to the end and beginning of buffer

Anyway, you might have clearer/cleverer answers on help-gnu-emacs@

HTH,

-- 
 Bastien