Subject: Re: bug#35969: 26.2, Excorporate

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 17:02:02 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for following up with these further test results.

"tenspd137 ." <[email-masked]> writes:

> I was able to try stepping through an Emacs/proxy/Exchange test in an
> emacs -Q session.  After setting the proxy and configuring the
> debugger to step through url-http and url-http-async-sentilnel, the
> only thing I noticed is that it appears url-http-async-sentinel is not
> being called.

OK, that's probably expected.  I listed it for completeness (all the
call sites of url-https-proxy-connect), but I guess it would only be
called under url-retrieve, not under url-retrieve-synchronously.

> I also put the url-https-proxy-connect override you gave me earlier
> into a file, loaded it and set the debugger to run through that as
> well as set up proxies.  A broken down list of steps:
>
> 1.  Load file containing proxy and altered url-https-proxyconnect, set
> debugger to run through it when hit.
> 2.  set up url-http and url-http-async-sentinel to be picked up by debugger
> 3.  eval (url-retrieve-synchronously
> "https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx"), step through
> url-http
> 4.  Input username and password when asked
> 5.  Continue stepping until end
>
> url-http-async-sentinel is never called. " *http* ... -####" has text
> indicating failure. url-https-proxy-connect is indeed called.

OK, it's good to know that url-http ultimately calls
url-https-proxy-connect.  Unfortunately, despite this, proxying does not
work.

> I don't know how to look at the actual <process>, if I try to C-x C-e
> or M-: "connection", it goes into the debugger.  The url's, etc look
> good as far as I can tell.  Not sure what else I can do.  If there are
> certain pieces of url-http you want me to look at, just let me know,
> but not really knowing what has to happen under the hood, I am not
> going to be able to do much else.

I think I'll probably have to set up my own test environment.  Are you
in control of the proxy and its configuration?  If so, can you provide
rough configuration instructions (proxy software, version, relevant
config settings)?  If not, that's OK, I can try setting up generic proxy
software.

Thanks,
Thomas