Subject: Re: bug#35969: 26.2, Excorporate

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 18:01:31 -0400

Hi,

"tenspd137 ." <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sorry for questioning - but I don't think it is successful in the
> basic authentication case - unless I am misreading some of the output.

No problem; I quoted the "status=200" line which I think indicates that
it was successful.  But url creates another buffer and puts the
authentication response in there; to be sure, you'd need to check that.
I think for httpbin.org, it will contain the headers and then:

{
  "authenticated": true,
  "user": "user"
}

just like your wget experiment.

For your prior test run, the secondary buffer is mentioned in
*URL-DEBUG* here:

> retrieval -> Synchronous fetching done (#<buffer  *http httpbin.org:443*-54346>)
                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can you redo the httpbin.org authentication test within Emacs, through
the proxies, and paste the contents of that secondary/response buffer?

It would be helpful if you could paste the redacted secondary/response
buffer contents for the failed Exchange authentication too.

> As for testing authentication against no proxy - yes, I can.  In fact,
> I actually have.  It works.

[...]

OK, good to know, thanks.  The use case makes sense.

Thanks,
Thomas