Subject: Re: bug#35969: 26.2, Excorporate

From: "tenspd137 ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 15:44:25 -0600

Sorry for questioning - but I don't think it is successful in the
basic authentication case - unless I am misreading some of the output.

As for testing authentication against no proxy - yes, I can.  In fact,
I actually have.  It works.  At work we have a general office lan and
a development lan.  The bulk of my work is on the development lan,
which is where I spend most my time.  The office lan is less
restricted proxy wise, but I don't use it for various reasons.  I took
a laptop (running M$ no less) and tried running emacs / excorporate
with the same settings minus the proxy setup and had no problem, so it
works, just wrong computer.  I would be happy to repeat the same steps
and grab you some log files if you like, but it might have to wait
until tomorrow morning.  Sorry I am no good at debugging this stuff
myself, but I really don't know what is even supposed to happen under
the hood.  I probably should have thought of comparing log files
myself earlier.  Basically, I am trying to condense all of my stuff to
the computer I use most so I don't have to constantly switch back and
forth.

Again, thanks for your time!

-C

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 2:54 PM Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> "tenspd137 ." <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > For the unauthenticated site, the buffer " *http www.gnu.org:443*" returns
> >
> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> > Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 17:31:43 GMT
> > Server: Apache/2.4.7
> > Content-Location: home.html
> > .....
> > [successful output]
> [...]
>
> > The authenticated site buffer " *http httpbin.org:443" returns
>
> [...]
>
> > http -> Parsed HTTP headers: class=2 status=200
>
> OK, success through the proxy (both in Emacs and wget) for the simple no
> and basic authentication cases, interesting.
>
> Are you in a position to test authenticating against
> "https://server/EWS/Exchange.asmx" from within Emacs, without going
> through the proxy?  (I realize this may not be possible in your setup.)
>
> I guess I'll have to set up a localhost proxy to debug this further.
>
> Thomas