Subject: bug#35969: closed (Re: bug#35969: 26.2, Excorporate)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 03:42:02 +0000

Your bug report

#35969: proxy + excorporate -> Failed: Failed to retrieve https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Services.wsdl

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
35969: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35969
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#35969: 26.2, Excorporate
From: Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]>
To: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Cc: Collin Day <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 23:40:55 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On Jul 31 2019, Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>> Andreas, do you have a test case that patch A fixed, and if so, can
>>> you retest with the proposed fix?
>>
>> Any https request over proxy will do.
>
> OK, I tested the attached patch; it works for a request to an uncached
> HTTPS website, and it works for Excorporate accessing an HTTPS server.
>
> I moved the URL form logic to url-http-create-request because that
> function refers to using-proxy (set to url-http-proxy on entry) in
> multiple places, not just during URL recreation.  When
> url-https-proxy-after-change-function was setting using-proxy to nil for
> the entire duration of the url-http-create-request, it was interfering
> with "Connection" handling later in the function:
>
>    "Connection: " (if (or using-proxy
>                           (not url-http-attempt-keepalives))
>                       "close" "keep-alive")
>
> Does this look OK to push to master?

I didn't hear any objections, so I pushed the change.

Thanks,
Thomas

Subject: 26.2, Excorporate
From: "tenspd137 ." <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 15:25:40 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I was trying to use Excorporate through a proxy, and it fails.  I am
pretty sure that my configuration is correct because I am able to
retrieve *a* file when I use wget and https://server/EWS/Exchange.asmx
and I can get a Services.wsdl file with
https://server/EWS/Exchange.asmx.

If it helps, here is info from URL-DEBUG (with some identifying info removed):

http -> Contacting host: outlook.office365.com:443
http -> Marking connection as busy: outlook.office365.com:443
#<process outlook.office365.com<1>>
http -> Calling after change function
`url-https-proxy-after-change-function' for `#<process
outlook.office365.com<1>>'
http -> url-http-parse-response called in ( *http
outlook.office365.com:443*-608159)
http -> Request is:
GET https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Services.wsdl HTTP/1.1
MIME-Version: 1.0
Connection: close
Extension: Security/Digest Security/SSL
Host: outlook.office365.com
Accept-encoding: gzip
Accept-charset: utf-8;q=1, gb2312;q=0.5, iso-8859-1;q=0.5, big5;q=0.5,
iso-2022-jp;q=0.5, shift_jis;q=0.5, euc-tw;q=0.5, euc-jp;q=0.5,
euc-jis-2004;q=0.5, euc-kr;q=0.5, us-ascii;q=0.5, utf-7;q=0.5,
hz-gb-2312;q=0.5, big5-hkscs;q=0.5, gbk;q=0.5, gb18030;q=0.5,
iso-8859-5;q=0.5, koi8-r;q=0.5, koi8-u;q=0.5, cp866;q=0.5,
koi8-t;q=0.5, windows-1251;q=0.5, cp855;q=0.5, iso-8859-2;q=0.5,
iso-8859-3;q=0.5, iso-8859-4;q=0.5, iso-8859-9;q=0.5,
iso-8859-10;q=0.5, iso-8859-13;q=0.5, iso-8859-14;q=0.5,
iso-8859-15;q=0.5, windows-1250;q=0.5, windows-1252;q=0.5,
windows-1254;q=0.5, windows-1257;q=0.5, cp775;q=0.5, cp850;q=0.5,
cp852;q=0.5, cp857;q=0.5, cp858;q=0.5, cp860;q=0.5, cp861;q=0.5,
cp863;q=0.5, cp865;q=0.5, cp437;q=0.5, macintosh;q=0.5, next;q=0.5,
hp-roman8;q=0.5, adobe-standard-encoding;q=0.5, iso-8859-16;q=0.5,
iso-8859-7;q=0.5, windows-1253;q=0.5, cp737;q=0.5, cp851;q=0.5,
cp869;q=0.5, iso-8859-8;q=0.5, windows-1255;q=0.5, cp862;q=0.5,
iso-2022-jp-2004;q=0.5, cp874;q=0.5, iso-8859-11;q=0.5, viscii;q=0.5,
windows-1258;q=0.5, iso-8859-6;q=0.5, windows-1256;q=0.5,
iso-2022-cn;q=0.5, iso-2022-cn-ext;q=0.5, iso-2022-jp-2;q=0.5,
iso-2022-kr;q=0.5, utf-16le;q=0.5, utf-16be;q=0.5, utf-16;q=0.5,
x-ctext;q=0.5
Accept: */*
User-Agent: URL/Emacs Emacs/26.2 (X11; x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
Authorization: Basic ZGF2aWQuYy5kYXlAaHAuY29tOmwxaTNuN2VTa3kxMzcwJSU=
Cookie: ClientId=8998C5691CD143E784857A0D01537963; OIDC=1

http -> Calling after change function
`url-http-wait-for-headers-change-function' for `#<process
outlook.office365.com<1>>'
http -> url-http-wait-for-headers-change-function ( *http
outlook.office365.com:443*-608159)
http -> Saw end of headers... ( *http outlook.office365.com:443*-608159)
http -> url-http-parse-response called in ( *http
outlook.office365.com:443*-608159)
http -> Got a content-length, being smart about document end.
http -> Calling initial content-length for extra data at end of headers
http -> Marking connection as free: outlook.office365.com:443
#<process outlook.office365.com<1>>
http -> url-http-parse-headers called in ( *http
outlook.office365.com:443*-608159)
http -> url-http-parse-response called in ( *http
outlook.office365.com:443*-608159)
http -> Parsed HTTP headers: class=4 status=404
http -> Finished parsing HTTP headers: t
http -> Marking connection as free: outlook.office365.com:443
#<process outlook.office365.com<1>>
http -> Activating callback in buffer ( *http
outlook.office365.com:443*-608159): #[257
"p\303\304\305\306\307 !\310\"\311$\216
@\312=\203$\0\313\301\314\315\316\302\"#\210\317\300\320\"\202/\0\313\301\321\322
#\210\317\300\323\")\207" [fsm-exco--fsm-127 (:identifier
("my-work-email" . "https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx")
:mail-address "my-work-email" :retrying nil :autodiscovery-urls nil
:service-url "https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx"
:service-xml nil :service-wsdl nil :next-state-after-success nil
:failure-message nil :server-version nil)
"https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Services.wsdl" make-byte-code 0
"\301\300!\205    \0\302\300!\207" vconcat vector [buffer-live-p
kill-buffer] 2 :error plist-put :failure-message format "Failed to
retrieve %s" fsm-send :unrecoverable-error :service-xml
exco--parse-xml-in-current-buffer :success] 8 "

(fn STATUS)"] ((:error (error http 404) :peer (:certificate (:version
3 :serial-number "03:fa:5c:d7:7f:8a:96:cf:9a:bf:bc:16:5d:a9:8a:0c"
:issuer "C=US,O=DigiCert Inc,CN=DigiCert Cloud Services CA-1"
:valid-from "2018-10-03" :valid-to "2020-10-03" :subject
"C=US,ST=Washington,L=Redmond,O=Microsoft Corporation,CN=outlook.com"
:public-key-algorithm "RSA" :certificate-security-level "Medium"
:signature-algorithm "RSA-SHA256" :public-key-id
"sha1:b5:44:50:ef:ea:49:4c:ea:39:ed:03:22:32:cd:82:54:72:b2:b2:7d"
:certificate-id
"sha1:fb:51:e0:1f:ed:b9:83:bf:0f:41:df:af:4e:4f:25:82:48:84:40:eb")
:key-exchange "ECDHE-RSA" :protocol "TLS1.2" :cipher "AES-256-GCM"
:mac "AEAD")))
http -> Spinning waiting for headers...
excorporate -> Failed: Failed to retrieve
https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Services.wsdl

Thanks for any help / suggestions.