Subject: Re: [bug#35935] [PATCH] guix: import: simplify recursive import

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2019 22:56:21 +0300

Hello Robert,

Robert Vollmert <[email-masked]> writes:

[…]

>> I think Oleg worked on this part before; Oleg, could you comment
>> and/or apply?
>> 
>> ‘tests/import-utils.scm’ doesn’t seem to be testing this procedure,
>> perhaps that’s something we should fix eventually.
>
> Agreed. It does seem to be covered somewhat by tests/gem.scm.
> I also tested it a bit by hand, with some haskell packages.

True, ‘tests/gem.scm’ file tests ‘recursive-import’ procedure by
invoking ‘gem-recursive-import’.  I think this test is good enough for
our purpose - use ‘recursive-import’ in other package importers and make
sure it works. Thoughts?

I also added a copyright line if you don't mind:

    ;;; Copyright © 2019 Robert Vollmert <[email-masked]>

Is it OK, Robert?  I tested manually with ‘gem’ and ‘elpa’ recursive
importers and ready to push :-)

Thanks,
Oleg.