Subject: bug#35919: recutils package does not install emacs rec-mode

From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 13:30:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019, Oleg Pykhalov wrote:

>> I have prepared the following patch implementing this suggestion
>> (thanks again, I'm much happier with this). I ended up putting it in
>> databases.scm rather than emacs-xyz.scm so that it can live with the
>> recutls definition, and not run afoul of the advice by Ludo’ in [0],
>> "The lesson is: when inheriting from a package, do it in the module
>> where it’s defined."
>> [0] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/35154#5
>
> Ah, sorry about that - I forgot this.

No worries, I probably remember it more strongly since I was affected by 
the other bug.

> OK, I fixed a typo in emacs-recutils synopsis and formatted Git
> messages.  You could look for messages examples with a handy command
> ‘vc-print-log’ in Emacs which is binded to ‘C-x v l’ by default.  Also I
> modified a description a little bit for better searching if you don't
> mind.  Pushed as 535a69e9e5aae2f59470caf900ece56f83ee6e36 to master.

Thanks for the tip and for improving the description. I'm still learning 
the art of writing a good description.

Best,
Jack