Subject: bug#35900: Can't logout and login again

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 19:26:41 +0200

Hello Philip,

[email-masked] (Philip K.) writes:

[...]

> I've reinstalled the system multiple times

Can you please confirm what Installer version you used?

> with different DE's (LXQt,
> Mate, XFCE) and DM's (slim, GDM), but the issue persists: The first time
> I try to login, it works, everything is loaded the way I'd expect it,
> but as soon as I install anyting (using "guix install ...") and *then*
> log out, and try to log in again, the screen just blinks and throws me
> back into the login screen of my display manager.

I did a few test installation on a test machine but was not able to
reproduce this bug, sorry.

Are you able to login after a complete reboot?

> I've tried changing /etc/config.scm and keeping it the same, reveting
> package instalations, but nothing seems to change anything.

User installed packages should not compromise anything related to the
graphical session, so this should not be the problem here

Can you provide us your /etc/config.scm please?

[...]

HTH! Gio'.

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures