Subject: Re: bug#35885: 25.2; Few mistakes in Emacs Manual (+ proposals)

From: Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 02:01:36 +0200

>>> Is it certain that the Emacs manuals are always processed using
>>> the texinfo.tex that comes with that same version of Emacs?
>>
>> (...)
>
> In general, texinfo.tex comes with the Texinfo package, and is
> installed in some system-wide directory.  That we in Emacs have the
> latest unreleased version is fine, but if someone processes the
> Emacs manual with the older system-wide version, they will stumble
> on this new feature.
>
> However, I don't know if this is a real danger, hence my question.

Ah, someone may use texinfo.tex form Texinfo package instead of - e.g
- newest one, got it.

Well, texinfo.tex is in emacs.texi.tar.gz (manual in TEXI format), so
I think that's like saying: "use this version of texinfo.tex (or maybe
newer)", and if someone uses older... well, his choice, but it may not
work.

Therefore that's not a problem, I guess.

S. U.