Subject: Re: bug#35885: 25.2; Few mistakes in Emacs Manual (+ proposals)

From: Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 12:30:52 +0200

> I don't think it makes sense to continue discussing this one place
> at a time, because I, for one, am losing context and need to go
> several messages back to understand what is being discussed and why.

Alright, the following bug(?) is the last one in this thread form me,
i.e. I'll consider this thread closed and if I find anything new (or
a solution to quotes) I'll send new bug report.

In KILLING.TEXI - L125-127:
  leaves @var{n} spaces before point if @var{n} is positive; if @var{n}
  is negative, it deletes newlines in addition to spaces and tabs,
-leaving @var{-n} spaces before point.  The command @code{cycle-spacing}
+leaving @var{n} spaces before point.  The command @code{cycle-spacing}

There 'n' stands just for number of spaces, so no need for negative
or positive mark.  Also documentation string in SIMPLE.EL for
'just-one-space' will need correction, because there is '-N'.

Maybe we could even abridge whole sentence to something like this:

With a positive numeric argument @var{n}, it leaves @var{n} spaces
before point; if @var{n} is negative, it also deletes newlines.

Unless it works differently than I think it does.