Subject: bug#35885: 25.2; Few mistakes in Emacs Manual (+ proposals)

From: Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 14:14:02 +0200

> Whatever you're using to send emails, it keeps destroying the text,
 > which makes things hard to follow.  This is what the text looks like
 > to me:

Thunderbird 68.11.0.  Are you sure it's not something on your end?
Because, here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2020-08/msg01803.html
it looks OK (in FF, eww).

 >> I would prefer using @verb in these cases, but with good font outer
 >> quotes (printed by the @kbd command) are "curved", so it's bearable.
 >
 > So you think @kbd is fine in this case, after all?

Well, in INFO, go to "(emacs) Inserting Text" and "(emacs) Quotation
Marks" and see for yourself.  Maybe we should stick to @kbd until
someone writes it looks confusing in these cases.

 > If there's anything remaining you think should be done here, could
 > you spin new patches and explain each change you want to make?

By "here" do you mean BASIC.TEXI or all changes?  Let's make the
decision about whether to use or not @verb, then I could update DIFFs.

S. U.