Subject: Re: bug#35885: 25.2; Few mistakes in Emacs Manual (+ proposals)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 16:54:28 +0200

Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]> writes:

> As I wrote in original message describing these changes: "1st change
> @w - in PDF this key is split on two pages, which looks bad."  The @w
> prevents line breaking.  Or open Emacs 26.3 PDF manual on page 38
> (bottom right) - 39 (top left), and see for yourself.

OK, that sounds reasonable, I guess?  Eli?

>>> -accent and apostrophe @kbd{`like this'}, it is converted (...)
>>> [...]
>>> +accent and apostrophe @verb{|`like this'|}, it is converted (...)
>>
>> Neither can I see a discussion of the @kbd -> @verb{| change.
>
> Again, as I wrote:
> 2nd change:
>    - changed @kbd to @verb, because @kbd surrounds text with pair of
>      curved quotes in plain text - result it ‘``like this''’, @verb
>      doesn't do it;

That is really confusing, yes...  But I was wondering about the |
characters? 

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no