Subject: bug#35885: 25.2; Few mistakes in Emacs Manual (+ proposals)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 13:16:01 +0200

Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]> writes:

>> It looks like this patch has been severely mangled?  There's
>> characters like ^X in it (where there should be a `, I think)?
>
> I'm sending them again, if it won't work, could you download them from:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2020-05/msg00618.html
> ?

The patches survived this time.  Gmail is notorious for destroying
patches, but including them as attachments (as you did here) usually
works.

> -Similarly, @kbd{C-x 8 ]}, @kbd{C-x 8 @{} and @kbd{C-x 8 @}} insert the
> +Similarly, @w{@kbd{C-x 8 ]}}, @kbd{C-x 8 @{} and @kbd{C-x 8 @}} insert the

Looking at the thread I don't think this @kbd -> @w{@kbd thing was
discussed?  What does that fix?

> -accent and apostrophe @kbd{`like this'}, it is converted to a form

[...]

> +accent and apostrophe @verb{|`like this'|}, it is converted to a form

Neither can I see a discussion of the @kbd -> @verb{| change.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no