Subject: [bug#35880] [PATCH 1/7] lzlib: Add 'make-lzip-input-port/compressed'.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2019 14:21:53 +0200

Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> ‘feed-decoder!’ cannot return an empty bytevector because
>> ‘lz-decompress-write-size’ necessarily returns a strictly positive
>> integer at this point.
>
> I'm not sure that's true: if the buffer is full and the next
> lz-decompress-read does not read anything, then the buffer will still be
> full and lz-decompress-write-size will return 0.

Hmm I don’t think that’s a reasonable scenario, otherwise it would mean
that you’re in a deadlock anyway (decoder buffer is already full yet it
does not contain enough data to actually decode anything.)

Dunno, I’m rather confident here but we’ll see if that causes any
troubles.

Thanks,
Ludo’.