Subject: Guix won't boot after installation with fully encrypted disk

From: Reg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 23:41:40 +0200

Hi!

Note: There was some discussion about this on IRC a couple of weeks ago.

Guix won't boot on my ThinkPad T430 after an installation with fully
encrypted disk:

* First, at the end of the installation, I'm getting the following error
message multiple times: "device-mapper: remove ioctl on cryptroot
failed: Device or resource busy"

* On boot, I am being prompted for the encryption key. So far so good.
The Grub menu is then displayed and disappears after a few seconds – as
it should – after which the computer is stuck on the Grub background image:

* Here are the Grub commands:

* As a test, I added an echo command at the very end. It got displayed.
* It happens on both 1.0.0 and 1.0.1.
* It happens both with and without a separate home partition.
* It happens on the two SSDs I had at hand.
* It does not happen if only the home partition is encrypted.
* I also tested this in a virtual machine. The issue did NOT happen.

Thanks,
Reg