Subject: bug#35875: Guix won't boot after installation with fully encrypted disk

From: david larsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 20:28:03 +0200

Hi,
Im having this exact same issue: I can enter the password once to unlock 
the disk, then after selecting the grub entry I am stuck at the Guix 
grub screen.

I have used terminal based "manual" install, graphical guided install 
for full disk - all on one partition - and graphical guided install with 
manually created separate /boot partition.

Only non-encrypted disk works to boot install. Also, btrfs fails, ext4 
works.

This is using the current 1.3 installer image.

The reason I attempted this installation is because my 
full-disk-encryption installation that's a couple years old or so failed 
to boot upon reboot, and I did not have any previous generation that I 
could select from the grub menu that would boot either - i.e. my Guix 
system broke.

I'm considering using an old 1.2 installer image, but Im not sure 
whether I should just wait for a 1.4 release, or if there are other 
suggestions?

And, I can't ping or ssh to the machine, after Im stuck at the Guix grub 
boot screen.

If this is just me and Reg - it's weird. I mean I suppose the full disk 
encryption option has been tested by someone before releasing the 
installer?

What should I try next?

Best regards,
David