Subject: Re: bug#35874: “guix pull” fails on setlocale

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2019 13:55:40 +0200

Hi Ludo,

>>> When you do ‘guix pull’, the resulting (guix config) is supposed to
>>> honor the settings of the calling ‘guix’: %localstatedir, etc.
>>>
>>> It seems that it wasn’t the case here?  Could you try again running
>>> ‘guix pull’ from a ‘guix’ command that has non-default settings and
>>> check the resulting (guix config) module?
>>
>> Is (guix config) enough?  What about the daemon?  I’ve had no problem
>> with “guix” itself when used with a daemon taken from the git checkout.
>
> Oooh, good point, the ‘guix-daemon’ package uses a fixed localstatedir.
>
> I believe the patch below solves the problem.  WDYT?

Yes, I think this would fix it.  I set two of these variables before
(not NIX_STORE_DIR) and it seemed to work fine.

Thanks!

-- 
Ricardo