Subject: Re: bug#35873: Add atomic window support to Gnus

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 05:10:33 -0400

severity 35873 wishlist
tags 35873 + patch
quit

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> The attached patch adds atomic window support with a new customization
> option, `gnus-use-atomic-windows', defaulting to nil. If t, a
> multi-window Gnus layout will be treated as a single window when other
> code pops up buffers. Ie, your completions buffer won't end up squished
> between the summary and article buffers.
>
> I'm pretty sure I've done the elisp manual cross reference incorrectly.

> +windows (@pxref{Atomic Windows, , Atomic Windows, elisp}).

I believe the correct form would be:

    (@pxref{Atomic Windows,,, elisp, The Emacs Lisp Reference Manual})

That is, no need to repeat the topic title, as it's the same as the node
name.  But the printed manual name is needed as the last argument.  See
(info "(texinfo) Four and Five Arguments"), and grep for xref.*elisp in
doc/ for similar examples.

I guess the code part of the patch is alright, but I'm not too familiar
with how atomic windows work.