Subject: Re: bug#35873: Add atomic window support to Gnus

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 09:41:44 -0700

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The attached patch adds atomic window support with a new customization
>> option, `gnus-use-atomic-windows', defaulting to nil. If t, a
>> multi-window Gnus layout will be treated as a single window when other
>> code pops up buffers. Ie, your completions buffer won't end up squished
>> between the summary and article buffers.
>
> I'm not familiar with the atomic window stuff at all -- I don't use
> pop-up windows and all the newfangled stuff kids today use -- but the
> feature sounds sensible to me, so go ahead and apply (unless you wanted
> to do this in another way, which you alluded to in a subsequent
> message)...

Well, but even *Completion* buffers are pop-up buffers... Maybe helm
users, in particular, would be bothered by this.

I do want to pursue the other avenue a bit, but if that doesn't work out
or looks like too much effort, I'll push this.

Thanks,
Eric