Subject: [bug#35866] [PATCH] gnu: Add qtwebengine.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 21:19:49 +0100

Hi Mike,

> * gnu/packages/qt.scm (qtwebengine): New variable.
>
> This is a new qtwebengine patch with working locales.

Thank you very much for working on this!  This doesn’t look like an easy
package.

> +    (description "Qt5WebEngine provides support for web
> +applications using the Chromium browser project.")

Does this include the unmodified Chromium source code?  We need to
ensure that the variant we are distributing here does not contain any
misfeatures that Chromium is known for (e.g. DRM support) and that only
free software is included.

Marius and others previously worked very hard on making sure that the
ungoogled-chromium package complied with our expectations for Chromium.
I wonder what work needs to be done on the sources included in this
package to accomplish the same goal.

Did you happen to investigate this?

--
Ricardo