Subject: [bug#35866] [PATCH] gnu: Add qtwebengine.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 08:49:35 -0700

Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maybe something like this would help?
>
>     (native-search-paths
>      (list (search-path-specification
>             (variable "QTWEBENGINEPROCESS_PATH")
>             (files '("lib/qt5/libexec/QtWebEngineProcess")))))

Right I think this is what I was going to propose for
https://gitlab.com/nonguix/nonguix/blob/master/nongnu/packages/qt.scm#L58. Though
you can temporarily get around this with this ugly hack.

export QTWEBENGINEPROCESS_PATH="$(guix build qtwebengine)/lib/qt5/libexec/QtWebEngineProcess"

I'll add the native-search-path to the nonguix package ASAP.

Note. Once you get past this issues. You will then have problems with
locales. Since the module QT packages assumes you are installing to the
same prefix as qtbase. Which is not feasible with how guix packages
things. For my experimental QT nomad I had some hacks to get around
this, which are not feasible or ideal when creating a package that is a
library and uses qtwebengine. I'm still not sure how to best resolve
this issue. Maybe creating a package that is a union of qtbase and
qtwebengine might help.

Regards,

Mike