Subject: Re: [bug#35866] [PATCH] gnu: Add qtwebengine.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2019 11:46:13 +0200

Hello,

[email-masked] skribis:

> It seems to me that QT is already doing the right thing
> here. Unfortunately I don't think it will be easy to reuse the
> ungoogle-chrome code base. It would probably require manually re-basing
> then applying qt patches. Also there is no clear benefit for it. Since
> updating ungoogle-chromium would not directly benefit qtwebengine. In
> short QT seems to already be doing the necessary work.

I think this would require a careful analysis like the one Marius Bakke
carried out when packaging ‘ungoogled-chromium’.

It would be both nicer and easier if QtWebEngine could be tweaked to use
our own ‘ungoogled-chromium’ directly instead of rebuilding one, but
yeah, that sounds tricky.

> I can though now, do my best to ensure that the least amount of 3rd
> party libraries are used. I'll update my patch as soon as possible. And
> I will explore the chromium source issue more in the process.

OK.

Thank you!

Ludo’.