Subject: bug#3586: Invalid face height

From: Willi Richert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:46:02 +0200

Hi,

with the latest Emacs CVS version
GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.1)
 of 2009-06-15 on lychee, modified by Debian

there are several bugs related to the following error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid face height" 0.0)
  internal-set-lisp-face-attribute(tabbar-default :height 0.0 #<frame  0xa3fd8b8>)
  set-face-attribute(tabbar-default #<frame  0xa3fd8b8> :inherit variable-pitch :height 0.0 :foreground "gray50" 
:background "gray75")
  apply(set-face-attribute tabbar-default #<frame  0xa3fd8b8> (:inherit variable-pitch :height 0.0 :foreground "gray50" 
:background "gray75"))
  face-spec-set-2(tabbar-default #<frame  0xa3fd8b8> (((... ...) :inherit variable-pitch :height 0.0 :foreground "grey75" 
:background "gray50") ((... ...) :inherit variable-pitch :height 0.0 :foreground "black" :background "white") ((... ...) 
:inherit variable-pitch :height 0.0 :foreground "white" :background "black") (t :inherit variable-pitch :height 0.0 
:foreground "gray50" :background "gray75")))
  custom-declare-face(tabbar-default (((... ...) :inherit variable-pitch :height 0.0 :foreground "grey75" :background 
"gray50") ((... ...) :inherit variable-pitch :height 0.0 :foreground "black" :background "white") ((... ...) :inherit 
variable-pitch :height 0.0 :foreground "white" :background "black") (t :inherit variable-pitch :height 0.0 :foreground 
"gray50" :background "gray75")) "Default face used in the tab bar." :group tabbar)
  (defface tabbar-default (quote (... ... ... ...)) "Default face used in the tab bar." :group (quote tabbar))
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/tabbar.el" nil t)  ; Reading at buffer 
position 22128
  load-with-code-conversion("/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/tabbar.el" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-
goodies-el/tabbar.el" nil t)
  require(tabbar)
  eval((require (quote tabbar)))
  eval-last-sexp-1(nil)
  eval-last-sexp(nil)
  call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)

Basically the following modes pose problems or are unsuable at all:

ecb: does not start
tabbar: does not start
org-mode: does not switch automatically to agenda buffer if width not big enough for horizontal split

Unfortunately, no bug in the archives resembles this one from my understanding.

Regards,
wr