Subject: 26.2; Hangs loading desktop having shell window

From: "Richard Munitz (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 13:43:03 -0000

--text follows this line--

I am able to reproduce this problem when having only the following 3
lines in my .emacs file:
(desktop-save-mode 1)  ; will save state and restore each restart.
(setq desktop-auto-save-timeout 60)
(setq desktop-restore-in-current-display t)

Reproduction steps:
run "emacs &"
M-X shell
^X1 (Eliminate split window, leaving the shell occupying the full
window)
^X^C (Exit emacs, answering yes to kill shell and y to save desktop)
run "emacs &"
emacs now hangs.

In GNU Emacs 26.2 (build 1, sparc-sun-solaris2.10, GTK+ Version 3.8.9)
 of 2019-05-17 built on bldsun-rr-005
Windowing system distributor 'Hummingbird - Open Text', version 11.0.13830
Recent messages:
No desktop file.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Type C-x 1 to remove help window.  
Type "q" in help window to delete it.
C-x p is undefined

Configured using:
 'configure --build=sparc-sun-solaris2.10 --host=sparc-sun-solaris2.10
 --prefix=/opt/bb --libdir=/opt/bb/lib64 -x-includes=/opt/bb/include
 -x-libraries=/opt/bb/lib64 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-selinux
 --without-gsettings --with-gnutls=no 'CFLAGS=-m64 '
 CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/bb/include 'LDFLAGS=-m64 -L/opt/bb/lib64
 -R/opt/bb/lib64''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns radix-tree help-mode easymenu
apropos elec-pair desktop frameset cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 100397 7801)
 (symbols 48 20631 1)
 (miscs 40 46 196)
 (strings 32 29909 1649)
 (string-bytes 1 802636)
 (vectors 16 14839)
 (vector-slots 8 511142 7248)
 (floats 8 56 238)
 (intervals 56 721 259)
 (buffers 992 13))