Subject: bug#35857: 26.2; Hangs loading desktop having shell window

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2019 09:15:20 +0300

> From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Richard Munitz <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2019 19:41:25 -0400
> 
> > I tried to reproduce this, but I don't have access to a system where
> > both "M-x shell" and "emacs &" will work.
> >
> > Can someone please reproduce the problem and report where is Emacs
> > stuck?  Perhaps it is asking some question and waiting for the answer?
> 
> Doesn't happen here (and I can't see why "emacs &" vs "emacs" could have
> any effect, though I tried both ways).  After running emacs the second
> time, no *shell* buffer is created (which I guess is expected since I
> answered "yes" to kill the shell before saving the desktop).

That's what happened to me as well, but I wasn't sure the specific
details I couldn't include in the reproduction didn't matter.

Thanks, I guess we need more info from the OP.  Perhaps some unusual
shell is being used, or some system customizations outside of the
user init files are at play here?