Subject: [bug#35813] [PATCH] import: crate: add recursive option

From: Ivan Petkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 12:38:08 -0700

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the patch, overall the implementation looks good to me!

> On May 24, 2019, at 8:42 AM, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> would it be possible to augment ‘tests/crate.scm’ with tests for
> recursive imports?  That would be great.

I second Ludo’s comment here, having some tests around this would be great!

Also, have you had a chance to test this by importing a Rust application?
I tried to import hexyl (which has a small dependency closure compared to other
applications), but the final result had some missing crate input definitions
(e.g. Maybe a crate depends on rust-foo, but rust-foo wasn't defined in the
output either). Maybe I did something wrong, but it would be good to confirm!

Also, don't worry about actually trying to build any imported packages as of
yet, you might hit a cycle issue between proc-macro2 and quote. I've got a
patch open[0] for fixing the cargo-build-system to handle this!

--Ivan

[0]: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35318 <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35318>