Subject: Re: [bug#35810] [PATCH] Add RMassBank (r-massbank)

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 17:59:08 +0200

Hello Todor,

Tk <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Some of us at ECI (Environmental Cheminformatics), LCSB, University of Luxembourg
> are in love with Scheme, GNU, Guile and Guix.

Heh, cool.  :-)

> At ECI, there is a lot of mass spectrometry going on and there are plenty of
> R tools -- some written by us -- to analyse and annotate such spectra. Anyway,
> this is our first contribution to Guix -- RMassBank (r-massbank package).
> I have decided to create a separate package group for mass-spectrometry and
> include r-massbank in it. I could imagine packages defined here to end up in
> chemistry.scm, or under a new subpath, chemistry/mass-spectrometry.scm. Once
> this first submission enters Guix, some more will follow.
>
> The packages themselves have been generated using
> `guix import cran -r --archive=bioconductor RMassBank` and minimally altered
> to build successfully and not bother guix lint too much.

Looks good to me.  Ricardo, WDYT?

> As this is my first contribution to guix, I am very much looking forward
> to feedback.

The file is OK as-is, but could you send directly the output of ‘git
format-patch’?  That makes it easier for us to apply the patch while
preserving authorship information.

Also, bonus points if you can come up with a commit log that follows our
conventions.  :-)

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html

Anyway, glad to see more scientists join!  You might be interested in
<https://guix-hpc.bordeaux.inria.fr/> too.

Welcome!

Thanks,
Ludo’.