Subject: [bug#35810] [PATCH] Add RMassBank (r-massbank)

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 00:16:44 +0200

Hi Todor,

>> The packages themselves have been generated using
>> `guix import cran -r --archive=bioconductor RMassBank` and minimally altered
>> to build successfully and not bother guix lint too much.
>
> Looks good to me.  Ricardo, WDYT?

Generally, the additions look fine, but with my nitpicking hat on I’d
like to make a few comments:

* Some of the packages have a list of licenses.  It would be good to add
  a comment above the license field to clarify what this list means.

* Some of descriptions begin with sentence fragments.  The importer is
  not smart enough to figure out the proper way to turn those fragments
  into full sentences.

* The synopses often contain capitalized words.

* I’d prefer the value of the home-page field to be on the same line as
  the field name.

* The module header contains references to unused modules, such as (guix
  git-download).

* I prefer for moving all CRAN packages to gnu/packages/cran.scm and all
  Bioconductor packages to gnu/packages/bioconductor.scm, because that
  makes future updates much easier.  That because CRAN packages rarely
  ever depend on Bioconductor packages, and keeping the number of
  mutually dependent modules down reduces the likelihood of dependency
  cycles.

  I haven’t always done it this way, but all recent additions are only
  to cran.scm and bioconductor.scm; I’m slowly moving CRAN packages from
  other locations to cran.scm for the above reasons.

* If you do move the package additions to existing modules, please make
  one commit per package addition.

(If this is all a bit too much to take in at first, I can also make the
changes on your behalf and keep your authorship.)

Thank you for your contributions!

--
Ricardo