Subject: Re: bug#35806: Login passwords incorrect on some newly installed 1.0.1 systems

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 22:36:32 +0200

Hi,

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> However, the second install had no normal user account, as you can see
> in my /etc/shadow (which is attached again).  It should not have been
> possible to install without user account.  Now that I think about it,
> I believe when I got shown the user account creation page in the
> installer, I accidentally immediately pressed some key (maybe Enter)
> and it threw me back to the locale selection.  I configured everything
> again, but I believe this was the reason no user account was created.
>
> I could now make the user account creation page crash again by
> entering a wrong password confirmation, but after going through the
> installer again, the resulting config contains a user and I can login.
> I do not know how I managed to break this.

Could you file a bug specifically for this one if you managed to
reproduce it?

>> Note that you can check by doing an install in a VM using the attached
>> script.
>>
>
> Thank you.  For now I’ll try on real hardware though.

Well that’s even better.  :-)

Should we consider this bug closed?

Thanks,
Ludo’.