Subject: bug#35798: 26.2; hs-toggle-hiding is not mapped to C-x @ C-e

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 10:54:06 +0200 (CEST)

In hs-minor-mode, typing C-x @ C-e gives "C-x @ C-e is undefined" in the echo area. Section 26.7 of the manual (https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Hideshow.html <https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Hideshow.html>), on the contrary, says that hs-toggle-hiding is bound to C-x @ C-e. (hs-toggle-hiding is bound to C-c @ C-e, so this is likely a typo in the manual.) 

 In GNU Emacs 26.2 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30) 
 of 2019-04-12 built on lgw01-amd64-060 
 Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000 
 System Description:	Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS 
 
 Recent messages: 
 Loading /home/ricercar/.emacs.d/elpa/tabbar-20180726.1735/tabbar.el (source)...done 
 Can’t guess python-indent-offset, using defaults: 4 
 Applying style hooks...done 
 DocView: using cached files! 
 Type C-c C-c to toggle between editing or viewing the document. 
 Wrote /home/ricercar/.emacs.d/.emacs.desktop.lock 
 Desktop: 1 frame, 10 buffers restored. 
 For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a. 
 Undo! 
 
 Configured using: 
 'configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr 
 '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man' 
 '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var 
 --disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' 
 '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode 
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib 
 --program-suffix=26 --with-modules --with-file-notification=inotify 
 --with-mailutils --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets 
 --with-lcms2 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs26-CYbeHB/emacs26-26.2~1.gitfd1b34b=. -fstack-protector-strong 
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -no-pie' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time 
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro 
 -no-pie'' 
 
 Configured features: 
 XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB 
 NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB 
 TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS 
 LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2 
 
 Important settings: 
 value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8 
 locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix 
 
 Major mode: Python 
 
 Minor modes in effect: 
 TeX-PDF-mode: t 
 column-enforce-mode: t 
 diff-auto-refine-mode: t 
 shell-dirtrack-mode: t 
 global-auto-complete-mode: t 
 auto-complete-mode: t 
 projectile-mode: t 
 global-linum-mode: t 
 linum-mode: t 
 desktop-save-mode: t 
 tabbar-mwheel-mode: t 
 tabbar-mode: t 
 cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t 
 tooltip-mode: t 
 global-eldoc-mode: t 
 eldoc-mode: t 
 electric-indent-mode: t 
 mouse-wheel-mode: t 
 tool-bar-mode: t 
 menu-bar-mode: t 
 file-name-shadow-mode: t 
 global-font-lock-mode: t 
 font-lock-mode: t 
 auto-composition-mode: t 
 auto-encryption-mode: t 
 auto-compression-mode: t 
 column-number-mode: t 
 line-number-mode: t 
 auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill 
 global-visual-line-mode: t 
 visual-line-mode: t 
 transient-mark-mode: t 
 hs-minor-mode: t 
 
 Load-path shadows: 
 /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.2/lisp/textmodes/flyspell 
 /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.2/lisp/textmodes/ispell 
 
 Features: 
 (shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa 
 derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode 
 mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 
 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils doc-view jka-compr 
 image-mode dired dired-loaddefs preview prv-emacs tex-bar tex-buf 
 toolbar-x noutline outline font-latex latex latex-flymake tex-ispell 
 tex-style tex dbus xml crm tex-mode elec-pair cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess 
 cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs 
 column-enforce-mode vc-git diff-mode cl-extra help-mode flymake-proc 
 flymake warnings hideshow python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat 
 tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete parse-time 
 format-spec json map auto-complete popup edmacro kmacro projectile grep 
 compile comint ansi-color ring ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs 
 thingatpt neotree advice linum desktop frameset blippblopp-theme tabbar 
 easy-mmode cus-start cus-load finder-inf info tex-site package easymenu 
 epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core 
 cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp 
 byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc 
 electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win 
 x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe 
 tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode 
 prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select 
 scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core 
 term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang 
 vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 
 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic 
 chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook 
 help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs 
 button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 
 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable 
 backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting 
 system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar 
 gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs) 
 
 Memory information: 
 ((conses 16 367422 15030) 
 (symbols 48 35400 2) 
 (miscs 40 1427 275) 
 (strings 32 76524 4262) 
 (string-bytes 1 2295366) 
 (vectors 16 52969) 
 (vector-slots 8 930274 16216) 
 (floats 8 157 349) 
 (intervals 56 2605 0) 
 (buffers 992 21))